You are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Formulating the (sub) project plan, in consultation with management and other parties concerned on base of the requirements
- Organizing the resources to be used (quality, time, allocation, budget, and information), helps the team to organize and specifies the quality standard in the processes
- Identifying the risks of the project (e.g. specs, costs, planning) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks by defining corrective actions and driving the projects to closure
- Engaging with resources from different parts of the organization to make sure they are sufficiently available to execute the project tasks and create the relevant deliverables
- Representing the (sub)-project team in the overall project to optimize fit for use and overall effectiveness
- Gathering and integrating project performance and progress information. Reporting on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project member
- Ensuring that there is an effective transfer of knowledge and archiving of the project results
- Ensuring new services introduction requirements and localized business case for the markets are defined, completed, and approved
- Working along the predefined processes for new services introduction and using the appropriate tools to keep track of progress and sign-off.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
You are a part of
- The Professional Services & Solution Delivery team, responsible for solution-based products creation and deployment within the healthcare continuum.
- You will work in a highly motivated team and predominantly work with stakeholders in markets and business across the globe. Centrally you will work with the global Professional Services team.
- The team operates in an open atmosphere, characterized by a self-directed mindset, prioritizing your focus areas after consulting with the various stakeholders.
- To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of relevant working experience, including experience of owning/leading workstreams within IT/Services projects from idea through implementation
- Specific knowledge of professional services and new service introduction
- Broad knowledge of planning methods, and estimation techniques (resources, time and risks) for the relevant technical/functional discipline
- Indirect people management as you will work with a team that doesn’t directly report to you
- Understanding of the healthcare industry
- Superb program/project management skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills; fluency in English
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management, IT or product development
- Project management Certification at Practitioner level