- You’ll be part of the R&D Team and its responsibilities are developing data enabled services to support cross segment service propositions, so Innovation and passion for technology must be in your DNA..
- Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
- You contribute to fast realization of prototypes as well as effective product development by applying deep engineering knowledge of the most relevant coding platforms and standards, in combination with proven Agile collaboration methods and test-driven development.
- As Development Engineer in the Services R&D group:
- you’ll design, implement, deploy and test full-stack features in our Service Cloud
- you’ll prototype and develop exciting new data enabled service propositions
- you’ll focus on developing high quality software that is easy to maintain and transfer
- you’ll work in a small Agile team, collaborating on all development aspects to get things done
- you’ll collaborate with developers from other teams across the company to enable cross segment service propositions
- Bachelor/master’s degree in computer science engineering, Information Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in product development as Cloud Software Developer
- Web Services Technologies: Web Services – REST, SOAP; Multithreaded Applications
- Data Systems – Postgres, DynamoDB, RDS, MongoDB (structured and unstructured)
- Realtime message brokers – MQTT, XMPP; Data Serialization – XML, JSON; Authentication Frameworks – OAuth2, OpenID
- Cloud Services Technologies: Container Technologies – Docker, Kubernetes; Compute Services – AWS – EC2, Lambda; Azure – App Svs; Storage Services – AWS-S3, EFS, EBS; Other Tools – Cloudwatch, Kinesis, Terraform, Cognito, VPCs, API Gateway, Route 53
- Software Development Tools: IDEs like Eclipse, JetBrains, PgAdmin, Angular IDE; Code quality tools like SonarQube, Coverity; Build tools like Make, GCC, Jenkins, Maven Ant; Source Control tools like Git, SVN, ClearCase
- An interest and preferably working experience in agile development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe…)
- Test Driven Development is your way of developing high quality software Knowledge of software development patterns
- Able to coach others in technical areas
- Experience with relational databases and data modelling
- Experience deploying to a cloud-based hosting environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with enterprise integration patterns
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Pipeline solutions