- you will work with an industry-leading Cloud Service Provider to develop and deliver solutions that drive business growth for both companies.
- We are seeking Data Center Systems SW Architect experienced in architecting, engineering and operating data center infrastructure with emphasis on large scale environments.
- In this role you will work as part of a team to bring cutting-edge cloud solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers.
- This role will include analyzing existing environments and determining technical/business pain points, determining technical requirements and potential solutions, and partnering on proof of concept architectures which lead towards production implementations.
- The position requires the ability to innovate, communicate complex solutions, and assist partners and customer IT teams in delivering next gen data center solutions.Minimum Qualifications:
- 10-15 years of broad and practical experience in architecting, engineering, and operating data center infrastructure with domain expertise in one or more of these key areas servers, networking, storage, infrastructure management, power/thermals, automation, orchestration, scheduling, and distributed systems.
- Experience working with customers in the design and deployment of automated large scale data center solutions using either open source or proprietary solutions
- Understanding the business use cases, technical merits and TCO value propositions; identifying gaps and opportunities, and putting in place strategies to address, win and deploy solutions that drive alignment with the CSP’s solution and service offerings
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of various Cloud software solution stacks including compute, orchestration, infrastructure management, storage and networking solutions, as well as containerization technologies/Kubernetes, database design, data warehousing, ETL/data ops, and security
- Prefer at least 8+ years of the following experience:
Infrastructure engineering and/or senior DevOps role supporting infrastructure
- Combined Network and Storage engineering in a large scale environment
- Scripting, building tools, and automation to manage data center infrastructure
- Virtualized and containerized environments in a large scale environment
- Development experience with Python, Java, and/or Golang
- Deep Linux systems administration and Operating System internals
- Maintaining health and uptime for key infrastructure components
- Minimizing need to wake up at 3am to resolve an outage
- Depth and breadth of legacy, existing, and next generation data center solutions.